Finally WordPress 2.3 Dexter is out. I just updated my blog to new version.
Grrr!! error on my admin panel. 🙂
Whats new on Dexter?
- Native tagging support allows you to use tags in addition to categories on your post, if you so choose. Weâ€™ve included importers for the Ultimate Tag Warrior, Jeromeâ€™s Keywords, Simple Tags, and Bunnyâ€™s Technorati Tag plugins so if youâ€™ve already been using a tagging plugin you can bring your data into the new system. The tagging system is also wicked-fast, so your host wonâ€™t mind.
- Our new update notification lets you know when there is a new release of WordPress or when any of the plugins you use has an update available. It works by sending your blog URL, plugins, and version information to our new api.wordpress.org service which then compares it to the plugin database and tells you what the latest and greatest is you can use.
- Weâ€™ve cleaned up URLs a bunch in a feature we call canonical URLs which does things like enforce your no-www preference, redirect posts with changed slugs so a link never goes bad, redirect URLs that get cut off in emails on similar to the correct post, and much more. This helps your users, and it also helps your search engine optimization, as search engines like for each page to be available in one canonical location.
- Our new pending review feature will be great for multi-author blogs. It allows authors to submit a post for review by an editor or administrator, where before they would just have to save a draft and hope someone noticed it.
- There is new advanced WYSIWYG functionality (we call it the kitchen sink button) that allows you to access some features of TinyMCE that were previously hidden.
Important! before to upgrade, make sure backup is very, very important. Here is some important links you should to read before upgrading. 🙂
- 10 Things You Need to Know About WordPress 2.3
- Preparing for 2.3
- List of compatible and incompatible plugins
- List of Themes compatible with WordPress Version 2.3
Themes and Tag
Rich Gilch Rest tell us How To Add WordPress 2.3 Tags To Your Current Theme
Update** / My WordPress Themes
All my themes compatible with WordPress 2.3. How to add tags to your current theme? copy and paste code below to your index.php and single.php files. You can place it anywhere you like.
To display a list of tags on your post pages:
Tags: ', ', ', ''); } ?>
So now, you have added the ability to add tags to your theme, without breaking it in all versions prior to 2.3.
To display a list of tags in a tag cloud, maybe on sidebar huh?
19 replies on “Now WordPress 2.3 Dexter”
as always an excellent posting. the way you write is awesome. thanks. adding more information will be more useful.
Excellent post! I must say thank you just for this wonderful nicely essential submit. I’ll become visiting
this amazing site later on too. I hope I\’m able to go through this sort of great post throughout near future
Do you know where to get the wordpress 2.3 I need this one.. Please help me guys…
hi.. me PR3.. link me and buzz me.. i ll link u back.. i have one more site.. abisheks.blogspot.com.com.. please link this also..
I’m using your “Black and White” theme with 2.3.1 and it looks great. But on at least one page (the link I posted) there is a strange ‘text ghost’ effect. It’s not too bad but it is distracting and it might suggest the need for some theme tweaking. I also cannot get the Flexi Pages widget to work, but that may be a side issue.
is it like my experience with wordpress database error.???
I’ve never has a problem with any WordPress updates until today. After backing up, I uploaded 2.3 and was shown a DB error. I did a forced upfate and the main error went away, leaving exposed code in the top left corner of BlogOhBlog V2.
After deactivating every single plug-in, one at a time, I emailed WordPress and was told the error doesnt make any sense because “There is no wp_categories table in 2.3, so it must be your theme”.
I believe you before I believe a moderator. Grrrrrr. Now what?
I have also updated my blog to wordpress 2.3 and its really rocking. am ye to add up all the other features. Hey i like your new top banner. its cool.
Just thought you might like to know I’m using Limau Orange on my blog.
I’ve had one comment so far saying its ‘seriously sexy’.
Thanks for the theme 🙂
ok ke 2.3 nie..stable?
Rose DesRochers @ ok. 😉
Deddy @ yes. you can replace it 🙂
papajoneh @ resize the top and header on style.css
sebol @ maybe next ya.
od3n @ all free at here 🙂
xchange link bob. kat sinie sume theme free ke?
looking forward to see cloud of tag in this blog.
Hi there Bob? Im interested in using your theme. But may I know how to change the header logo to my own. Abit bigger than yours. Thanks. 🙂
im using ur themes Bob. Yeah… it’s cool themes. Btw, can u make Brian Threaded Comments plugin compatible to this theme?
I’ll be waiting a few days before I upgrade.
sankai @ ok rock kapak 🙂
i just update to this version and it reallyh rock.!!! wordpress rule bebeh.!!! hehehhe..