If you are a WordPress user, its time to upgrade to the latest release of WordPress 3.0 (codenamed “Thelonious”). The new release comes with a lot of changes and bug fixes (I had also blogged about the upcoming changes in this post :- https://blogohblog.com/whats-new-in-wordpress-3-0/ ).
The most notable changes include :-
- Define your own admin username/password during the installation of WordPress
- Bulk Updates of plugins and WordPress in one place.
- Detailed help on every screen
- A New theme that replaces the default theme called TwentyTen (2010) with lots of features
- Define your own Custom Backgrounds/Headers
- Custom Menu system to hand craft your navigation system
- Custom Post types to create a CMS type capability
- Inbuilt URL Shortening service
- WordPress + WPMU combined to manage multiple blogs
Here is a video showing the changes that have been made (1,217 bug fixes and feature enhancements to be precise)
Read more about the release :- http://wordpress.org/development/2010/06/thelonious/
I have already upgraded my blog to the latest version of WordPress. Have you?