Its been a very long time that I released any free theme on Blog Oh! Blog. On the eve of Christmas and the approaching New Year, I am glad to launch our very new Free WordPress Theme – Avante. The theme has a modern design, nifty photo effects, sleek typography and suitable to use for any kind of website. It comes with a pre-configured home page enabled to pull posts from six different categories.
The sidebar is widgetized and features a tabbed section that shows your most popular (done through a plugin) and latest posts. The theme also comes with a back-end Theme Options section where you can configure and manage the theme according to your own taste.
Theme Demo & Download
- Lazy Load Plugin (Smoothly preloads all your images)
- Popular Posts (To show the most popular posts in the sidebar)
Instructions for Usage
- Download the Avante theme zip file and install it on your WordPress website.
- Download the Plugins that are required to run the theme smoothly and install them.
- For the Slider, just configure the slider category and number of slides under the Wp-admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options. Make sure you upload your images as the Featured Image for each slide.
- Make two new pages named “Home” and “Blog”. Choose the Home template as your page template when you make the “Home” page. Go to Wp-admin -> Settings -> Reading and configure your site to use a static front page. Point your Front Page to “Home” and Posts Page to “Blog”.
- Configure the different categories for the home template through the Wp-admin -> Appearance -> Theme Options
- For the Navigation Menu, go to Wp-admin -> Appearance -> Menus and make a new menu. Configure it to the location “Home Menu” under Manage Locations.
- There are other options that you set up in the Theme Options.
What Next ?
I am back now and will be releasing lots of free themes. I am also planning to begin a Premium Themes club. Enjoy Avante for now. Leave a comment if you like it 🙂